Monday, January 26, 2009

Gods Cup Runs Over

When life gives us lemons do we make lemonade? Do we find our best friend, have a cup of tea and share the troubling times with them? Do we reach for mood altering beverages? Do we seek GOD as we know him? I have done all with the exception of one, the mood altering beverage. I have had many glasses of lemonade, and many cups of tea but, most recently in my life I have found GOD and all his goodness. He has lemonade and tea always ready. He knows just what I need before I even reach for his cup. He pours and pours until it runs over.
God has given me so much. My two children, my daughter age 23 working on her master's degree in Holistic Health. My son, age 21 graduating from college in May. I was divorced from their Dad when they were 4 and 2. The three of us remained a family. During the 17 years I was a single Mom I always knew I needed to keep the faith. I did. Still not really knowing God. I kept moving forward.
God has given me my husband. I remarried 3 years ago. Jim, has 2 young adult sons. We are blessed with a home, a home where all 6 of us are to blend. It has been troubling to say the least. Blending isn't easy. I am now reaching for God's cup more and more. I will continue to keep the faith. As I walk with the Lord every day my faith renews its self. Finding him wasn't hard, knowing him is where I need to be. May the peace and love of God rain down on my home and family.
Blessings
Marie

The Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr

No comments: