Saturday, July 3, 2010

MY BAG is PACKED

HAPPY JULY 4th
GOD bless America 
and those that had the insight some 234 years ago to put forth the Declaration of Independence
hello, glad to see you here at romance and relics. 
over the past 6 months i have sort of "fallen off" from creating projects and blogging. it's not one thing it's been several. but, i'm holding on taking one day at a time. my pink saturday posts have been limited also. one factor to not posting is my computer caught a virus a few weeks back and its been in the shop. i've been using jim's lap top ( my skills on the computer are not the best and the lap top is a nightmare for me). well, enough with the chit chat. the reason you stopped by today is to catch a little PINK. 
i'm sharing this altered, ultra sweet suit case with you today. it was headed to the trash before the owner asked me if i wanted it and i had to say OK. you know that's what junkeeeesss do save unwanted stuff from the trash. i had seen a few others altered and thought i'd give it a try. i painted it out using the soft blue. then taped off the stripes and painted the pink. using graphics from karen @ the graphics fairy related to paris a "honeymoon" theme developed. decals from the decal cottage. a few stamped words. and a fleur di lis stencil.(filled with spackle, if you have never tried this give it a shot) fill a stencil with light weight spackle. let it dry remove the stencil and paint the raised stencil. i use cream paints for stenciling. i find they don't run and i have more control on the application. i also use makeup wedges when i apply the paint to my stencil project. i covered the top and bottom on the inside with decoupaged wall paper. i also made a memory board on the inside of the top. i cut an oval (used an oval shaped mirror as a pattern) piece of cardboard glued some batting to it and covered it with pretty fabric, i will be using the same fabric in my remodeled now torn apart soon to be remodeled again bedroom. we had our entire downstairs remodeled last summer. the project was completed last october. we enjoyed the space for 5 months then got hit with back to back floods from the storms in march. oh but i digress. (some of the stress around here) back to the suitcase. using bits and pieces of ribbon and faux GEMS i prettied up the memory board. here she is just waiting for a pretty bride!! hurry on over to beverly's @ how sweet the sound. she is the hostess for PINK saturday and there will be more PINK waiting for you.
blessings
marie






 

11 comments:

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Marie,
I just LOVE,LOVE,LOVE this!! I have a few suitcases that I want to redo and have been putting it off but yours looks fantastic so I think I will give it a try!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Marie,
I love what you did with the suitcase! One can turn all kinds of 'junk' into treasures if you use your imagination. Good job! Thanks for sharing and I wish you a Happy Pink Saturday, a Happy July 4th, and a lovely weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Unknown said...

Hi Marie...nice to meet you! Thanks for visiting my blog and my pinks. I am in O.C. too! Small world!!!
Happy 4th of July.

You suitcase is lovely! Hope you get to create and blog more!

Roselle

Unknown said...

Very cute suitcase, very suitable for the summer. Happy Pink Saturday and Fourth of July!
Ebony

A Garden of Threads said...

Wonderful what you did to the suitcase. I can imagine filled with a little girls treasures. Have a wonderful weekend:)

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Wouldn't this be a lovely gift for a bride! So pretty on the outside and the inside. I love how you added the mirror.

Hope things go better your way.

hugs
Sissie

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Hi Marie,

Oh...I love that suitcase. I used to have several old ones and they got lost in the shuffle of moving..must find more though since they make such great storage.

My posting has been very small for the past month due to us finally working on many small projects around the house. We have made great progress. The bedroom is next!

Thanks so much for visiting with me..please come back anytime you are out and about in blogland!

Have a wonderful weekend and may God Bless America
Stephanie ♥

Dogmom Diva said...

Hi Marie, that is just beautiful, you did a great job!

Thank you for stopping by today, I am going to bookmark and follow your blog, its just lovely!

Have a wonderful 4th!
Barb

Vintage Porcelain Art By Amy Enright said...

AWESOME blog! Just popped in to say Happy Pink Saturday and Happy 4th of July!
Amy
vintageporcelainart.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Oh, my, how darling! inside and out :) HPS~

Shabbychicdiva said...

I LOVE the suitcase. Happy Pink Saturday. Thanks for stopping by. I'm now a follower:-) Winona