Sunday, June 7, 2009

Not your average clothes pegs

I have seen many versions of altered clothes pins/pegs and I love them all. I've been painting, glittering, and decoupaging 60-70 of these recently. Last spring/summer I made the same number and sold out of them all. So, I thought I would give it a try this spring/summer. After all they are displayed in my booth space from a shop on the Jersey Shore. They have many uses and yet I'm asked "what are they for?". Is it when they become cute that it changes their function? I usually say they are for hanging delicate clothes on an inside line. I added a little tag to the bunch I now have for sale giving some examples of their use. I think it's best to create and design and let the customers imagination finish the project. I hope I've sparked a few imaginations.
Thank you,
Marie



1 comment:

Elyse said...

very pretty, marie! wow - you have been making lots. i do about 12 at a time. how 'bout you?

i hope you were able to find primrose. i realized the address isn't listed on the website but it is in Somers Point, if that helps. i think you will love it.

i am having a giveaway if you'd like to come on by to enter!

xo