Saturday, February 7, 2009

Got PINK...it's the right choice

Joining Pink Saturday was the right choice. If it were oh, lets say RED Saturday I don't think I would have much to post. But PINK, I am well stocked. Although my family "sees" red sometimes. I push the PINK. Beverly @http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/ puts this all together. Stop by and pay her a visit. Today I have a few of my vintage figurines. The one in the middle was a lamp. I took it apart and thought I would rewire it but, I like it as it is. It's sort of a vase now. When I go thrifting/yard sale/treasure hunting it seems I find these even when I'm not really looking. I guess that's how the collection began. It's funny, these figurines where made WWII era they WERE the decor of the times. 60 -65 years later they still hold their own in decor. Well, it's been a long cold winter here in Jersey I'm ready to hit the flea markets. I still have a kitchen, bathroom & a bedroom on the list for redos come spring, more PINK...yes and I'm going to introduce the family to BLUE, AQUA and more PRETTY colors oh I just can't wait. Have a great week. Thank you for stopping .

Marie

15 comments:

Riet said...

Lovely figurines. Happy pink saturday

IsabellasCloset said...

Marie, What very beautiful vintage figurines.
I love vintage & I too love pink!
Blessings ~Mary~ :-}

gina said...

I have vintage figure lamps with a man and woman on each with a tree behind them. I love them I got them when I was about 13. I had them in my room then and I still have them today. They are in my daughters room now.

Beverly said...

Wonderful. My mother has a collection of antique figurines, so she will like seeing yours.

Happy Pink Saturday, Marie.

Susan said...

Beautiful figurines!

Happy Pink Saturday!

Susan

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

Lovely! I have a little cart in the same style as your figurines. Happy Pink Day!

kymber said...

Simply beautiful!
I am drawn to figurines like that too! I say - you can never have too much of the color that you love. In my case it is blues. If your family loves you - which I am SURE that they do - they will learn to love the colors that you pick to decorate with - what's that saying - "if mama ain't happy nobodys happy" ~smile~

You have wonderful taste - your family is very fortunate!
Blessings to you,
Kymber

Deanna said...

Hi Marie!
Oh to have those beautiful figurines in my own home! I will have to hunt some down for sure!

Have a great Pink Saturday!
Deanna :D

Loretta said...

Happy Pink Day! Your figurines are soooo pretty!

Mimi said...

Those figurines are gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing them this Saturday. Your blog is always so pretty!

pinkkandy said...

love your pinks too...yes I have a shop on Lollishops Pink Sugar Castle...I made these for my store but havent posted them cause they have all been spoken for already.

CC said...

I love your figurenes. Happy Pink Saturday..have a lovely week.

Mary said...

Your figurines are so pretty! Perfect for Pink Saturday.
I can't wait for spring and yard sale season to begin also.
Have a wonderful week! Mary

debbie said...

HAPPY PINK SATURDAY,
I LOVE YOUR TREASURES YOU SHARED WITH US...THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL VINTAGE FIGURINES.
THIS IS MY FIRST TIME TO YOUR BLOG. I AM FAIRLY NEW TO BLOGGING AND HAVE MET SOME AWESOME WOMEN.
I WOULD BE SO HAPPY IF YOU GET A CHANCD TO COME VISIT ME.
BLESSINGS
debbie

Joy said...

Dear Marie,

Thank you for stopping by and for the fabulous haiku! I loved it!

Joy