Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Time Heals

time has a way of healing a broken heart. we will never understand way god does all he does. he took chris home way too early, he had just turned 25. my son & daughter are missing a piece of their hearts. they both loved him so much. now, they are finding ways to honor him in life. my daughter is putting together a fund-raiser to help his family off set the funeral cost. i love my children , and i'm so proud of them, i hurt because they hurt even still at the ages of 24 & 22. a mothers love moves differently with our children as they age, don't you think? may god bless chris & his family, my children and all of us who love chris.
i have spent a few days finishing projects and making a few new ones. i've always felt that creating/crafting has a healing power. so, i sort of forced myself to get my hands on, head clear and heart mending. here are a few projects and i will be adding to my website. i would like to share a little happy news. a few weeks ago i sold my first item from my website. a sweet vintage tea cart. wow!! my first customer!! and i shipped the tea cart to up state new york, right outside of buffalo! it was a great experience. thanks again anne.
blessings
marie

5 comments:

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

Sorry about your children's friend.

Congrats on your first sale! Your JOY banner is ebautiful!

Mary said...

Marie, I'm so sorry to hear about your children's dear friend. It's terrible to hear about a young life taken. Mary

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Marie, my heart goes out to you and to them on their loss.

And I celebrate your sale with you!

Great banner, too!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Marie,
Such a sad story! It is amazing though how you see your children differently when they get into their 20's, isn't it? My youngest son's friend died from leukemia last year @ 20 years old. She passed away quickly after her diagnosis. It is hard for our children at that age because they think they are invincible and then all of a sudden, they realize they are not and it is shocking to them! Take care!
Hugs,
Debbie-Dabble

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Marie,
Such a sad story! It is amazing though how you see your children differently when they get into their 20's, isn't it? My youngest son's friend died from leukemia last year @ 20 years old. She passed away quickly after her diagnosis. It is hard for our children at that age because they think they are invincible and then all of a sudden, they realize they are not and it is shocking to them! Take care!
Hugs,
Debbie-Dabble