Friday, April 3, 2009

Easter Candy Favor



Today is my first time here at Project Friday, Rosemarie at Sugarplum Cottage is a very creative host please stop by and see all the great things she creates. This is my interpretation of an Easter candy favor. The original favor was something I found in a craft magazine. It looked like a "firecracker". It seemed easy to re-create. My favor is a wrapping paper tube cut to about 6 inches long. I decoupaged it with tissue paper (love decoupage) added the crepe paper around the top, glued the egg on the inside of the tube. (the egg was purchased already glittered on the stick) embellished with glitter and ribbons. Oh, I can't forget the little chickie on the back. The base is a piece of cardboard with a little piece of tinsel. I thought the favor would be cute filled with Easter goodies. I printed the Easter graphics on card stock used a little more decoupage. I will try this again next time I plan on using a paper towel roll or t.p. roll. Very easy and fun good project to have the children get involved with.




5 comments:

Cheryl said...

That is super cute. I think if I made that I would make it so I could stuff it full of chocolate!!

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Marie...

Ohhh...what a darling Easter candy favor! It's so pretty! I could see these in a pretty Easter tablescape! Thank you for the tutorial too!!!

Warmest wishes,
Chari

Sugarplum Cottage said...

Oh my, what a beautiful party favor this is. I adore all the pink it has on it. Thank you for joining me for Project Friday, I hope that you come back often. Hugs, Rosemarie

Irma's Rose Cottage said...

What a cute Easter favor. Love all of the pink!

Hugs :)

Irma

Anonymous said...

Maria,
That's a Cute Lil Party favor...SOoo Cute! Love the Pink... Thanks for sharing...didn't have my project ready..but will be back Friday...Have a wonderful day..katherinllen